On this 15 May 2017 at INES-Ruhengeri,Hon Senator Mukasine Marie Claire and Hon Senator Ntawukuriryayo Jean Damascène explained the six fundamental principles and responsibilities of senate during the conference which gathered together the academic staff and administrative staff of 4 high learning institutions, INES-Ruhengeri, University of Kigali, Muhabura Integrated Polytechnic College and Musanze Polytecnic.
After a warm welcome by Fr. Dr. Fabien HAGENIMANA, The Rector of INES-Ruhengeri,
Hon Senator Mukasine Marie Claire has explained the responsibilities of senate and the fundamental principals we found in article 10 of the Constitution of the Republic of Rwanda.
These six fundamental principals are:
1. Fighting the ideology of genocide and all its manifestations;
2. Eradication of ethnic, regional and other divisions and promotion of national unity;
3. Equitable sharing of power;
4. Building a state governed by the rule of law, a pluralistic democratic government, equality of all Rwandans and between women and men reflected by ensuring that women are granted at least thirty per cent of posts in decision making organs;
5. Building a State committed to promoting social welfare and establishing appropriate mechanisms for ensuring social justice;
6. The constant quest for solutions through dialogue and consensus.
This conference took place at INES-Ruhengeri main hall.