All Graduates from 2006 until now are in the INES alumni.
OVERVIEW OF INES ALUMNI
INES is the national centre for training. Research and consultancy in the field of Applied Sciences. Officially opened in 2003 , the institute was mandated to conduct intensive in-service training to quickly develop a cadre of Africans to assume higher responsibilities in the public service.
The mandate of the institute as defined in the act and carried over from the statute is to promote sustainable development by developing management capacity in support of the Country’s development efforts especially in the areas of public service reform, decentralization, macro-economic management, poverty eradication and social services provision.
The institute is specifically responsible for:
- Imparting professional skills and knowledge.
- Providing management training, consultancy and research services.
- Conducting examinations and granting certificates, diplomas, degrees and other awards.
- Providing documentation and information services on administrative, management, scientific and technical matters.
In fulfillment of its mandate the institute has trained imparted professional skills to several people worldwide. All these people owe recognition of this institution as a key contributor to their professional successes.
The INES Alumni Association was therefore formed in 2011 with an intention of bringing together all the old students / participants of INES-RUHENGERI in order to maintain their identity and to harness their efforts in fostering the interests of the institute.
In total INES has on the labor market 5 153 alumni up to the 8th graduation ceremony of 23rd February 2017.
A well organized association with all its members having the zeal to contribute to the fulfillment of the institute vision.
To mobilize all the Alumni to contribute to the enhancement of the intellectual and material well-being of INES.
To promote strong, collaboration between the Alumni and INES establishment in developing sustainable management capacity in World Wide Communities.
a) To foster and encourage the spirit of good relationship between the old and current students / participants and the establishment of the institute.
b) To serve as a functional link between all Alumni Worldwide and participate in matters affecting the institute.
c) To promote a spirit of institutional ownership loyalty and life long commitment to the institute.
d) To embark and engage in any other activities
e) To interact and share experience and expertise between Alumni to also enable members make new contacts and to keep in touch with the institute
f) To promote the institute’s social focus and network spirit.
g) To mobilize financial and physical support alumni for the growth of the institute.
The Graduates of the institute are now some of the prominent Administrators and professionals not only in Rwanda but Worldwide. The expertise and influence they have acquired over time, if well tapped, can create a great impact in fostering the programme of the institute, especially now that it is going through a lot of transformation.
The methodology to be used to fulfill the objectives will be as follows:
• Mobilizing and registering all the Alumni. This will be done through the media, various for a at the institute, communications to institutions where some of the Alumni are employed and positive information to the institute website, plus making physical visits to some alumni.
• Linking the Alumni to the institute and vice-versa and promoting a spirit of institutional ownership.
• This will be done through establishing an Alumni office at the institute and maintaining a conta person in this office, publishing and distributing regular Newsletters to all the members, keeping members informed about the key events and development at the institute.
• To interlink and share experiences and expertise between the Alumni and to promote the institute social focus and network spirit. This will be done through organizing symposia / seminars, get together functions and production and distribution of magazines.
• To mobilize financial and physical support for the growth of the institute. This will be done through donations and fundraisings. The strategy will be to identify a project / projects where the Alumni could participate such that the costs are established and the association mobilizes its members to contribute.
4.0 Proposed Deliverables
These are the expected deliverables by the time of the general meeting.
a) An interim register of the alumni.
b) A draft constitution – the document which will bind the members of the Alumni association and regulate their actions.
c) An alumni office with a contact person and key information about the institute accessible to all Alumni.
d) Circulating information about the association and popularizing it using various channels: physical contacts, print media, radio and TV, letters employing authorities.
e) Visiting prominent alumni.
f) Mobilizing all members to attend the general meeting.