- Civil Engineering laboratory of INES-Ruhengeri is one the laboratories which is used by students in academic programs for teaching in didactical Materials, demonstrations, Experiments and testing.
- INES-Ruhengeri as an academic Institution, Civil Engineering laboratory offers also research and community service.
In this lab, students come for demonstration and simulation of hydraulic behaviours using didactical Materials .
As output, the students will be able to design their hydraulic structure in their future carrier after identifying different parameters on fields.
Main activities in the laboratory
Simulation and demonstration:
- Hydraulic Opening Channel (Flume)
- Use of Weir
- Use of Notch
- Relationship between slope, velocity, hydraulic jump
- Jet Impact
- Turbine application
- Pipe friction in water supply.