INES-Ruhengeri is ranked on the 2nd position among all universities in Rwanda by the Webometrics Ranking of World Universities of 2021.
The “Webometrics Ranking of World Universities” is an initiative of the Cybermetrics Lab, a research group belonging to the Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC), the largest public research body in Spain.
Vice Chancellor of INES-Ruhengeri, Fr. Dr Fabien HAGENIMANA said that being ranked the 2nd in Rwanda, it’s the efforts of INES staff from the founder, INES Council, academic and administrative staff, and mostly students and partners.
The Cybermetrics Lab using quantitative methods has designed and applied indicators that allow us to measure the scientific activity on the Web. The cybermetric indicators are useful to evaluate science and technology and they are the perfect complement to the results obtained with bibliometric methods in scientometric studies.
The specific areas of research include:
- Development of Web indicators to be applied on the areas of the Spanish, European, Latinamerican and World R&D
- Quantitative studies about the scientific communication through electronic journals and repositories, and the impact of the Open Access initiatives.
- Development of indicators about resources in the Society of Information
- Indicators and social networks visualization on the Web with friendly, dynamic and interactive graphic interfaces
- Desing and evaluation of documental analysis techniques of Web resources
- Genre studies applied to the scholar activity on the Web
- Development of applied cybermetrics techniques based on the positioning on search engines of Web domains
- Analysis of the information usage through Web data mining of log files