On 31st August 2021, Fr Dr HAGENIMANA Fabien, Vice Chancellor of INES-RUHENGERI, and Mr NGABONZIZA Prime, The Director General of Rwanda Water Resources Board signed MoU for a five-year collaboration between the two institutions.
The collaboration will include the following areas:
- Innovation in the sector of water resource management;
- Research and Development in the sector of water resource management;
- Climate Change mitigation and adaptation;
- Design and Building Infrastructure for water resources management;
- Quality education of water engineering studies;
- Water Resources Knowledge Management;
- Integrated water resources management;
- Catchments restoration and erosion control;
- Flood management and water storage development;
- Water resources monitoring and quality control;
- Landscape monitoring and surveying;
- Water resources analytics, foresight capacity and Artificial intelligence applied to water resources;
- Flood and landslide forecasting and early warming.