Master’Program in Microfinance
Dr. Daniel TWESIGE
Master’s Program Coordinator
Phone: +250 784 258 777
A transformational training
The government of Rwanda greatly promotes private and public initiatives for the increase of proximity financial services like those provided by MFIs. However this increasing number of MFIs does not match with the increase of qualified managing staff. In this way, most of MFIs, including UMURENGE SACCO, some BPR(Banque Populaire duRwanda S.A) sub-banches, and other micro-financial institutions have at their disposal a poorly equipped staff in the management of microcredits portofolio.
Reseach carrisd out under the supervision of MINECOFIN and DFID between 2010-2011 reveals that MFIs are facing the problem of lack of qualified managers in both quantity and quality. As a result, financial services slow down this affects the government of Rwanda’s objective to make microfinance a lever of rural economic growth at all levels.
Confronted with this situation, INES-RUHENGERI as an Institute of Applied Sciences is seeking to contribute to the government of Rwanda’s policy of increasing the access of the population to financial services by training specialists in microfinance at the level of master’s degree who will, on their turn, train other staff in the microfinance sector.
With a Master’s in Microfinance, graduates are acutely trained to play a reliable role in the development of microfinance sector of Rwanda and the region. More specifically graduates from this program will be able to:
- Manage MFIs effectively;
- Analyze and propose solutions to problems encounted by MFIs
- Contribute to the sustainability of MFIs
- Develop some innovating products and ensure a healthy financial management of institutions under their supervision
Candidates to the Master’s Programme in Microfinance have to fulfill the following conditions:
- To have Bachelor’s Degree in Management or in Economics
- To be computer literate and to possess a laptop
- To submit a file containing the following documents:
- A latter of motivation
- ACurriculum Vitae
- A well completed registration form
- A certified copy of the Bachelor’s Degree
- Two passport-sized photographs
- A copy of identification card or passport
- A payment slip for non-refundable RWF 10,000 for application fee
- Selected candidates will be required to pay RWF 40,000 or equivalent in Dollars for registration.
- Download application form here