The academic year 2017-2018 started on 18th September 2017 at INES-Ruhengeri, induction week has been organized for first year students. For students who are not in first year they directly started the classes, they are now studying as usual.
For freshman, program of induction was prepared to help them know the campus, facilities, orientation of the institution, staff, academic programs, academic regulation, etc
When addressing to the new students, the Rector of INES-Ruhengeri, Fr. Dr. Fabien HAGENIMANA explained the motivation behind the creation of INES-Ruhengeri which are building signs of hope, the contribution to unity and reconciliation and the contribution to sustainable development. He also explained the orientation of INES-Ruhengeri of being institute of applied sciences.
The Rector told on INES capabilities and involvement that can be considered; on this point he highlighted:
- Land and soil management: Research and consultancy services in land related domains.
- Soil analysis: In order to evaluate the right input based on the quality found in the soil of their farms.
- Water quality and quantity: NES-Ruhengeri has been surveying and monitoring water quality and water quantity in the volcanic region.
- Availing quality seeds: producing quality seeds in sufficient quantity for farmers.
- Agriculture products processing: Research and consultancy services on food processing.
- Building materials: Building material testing; research on developing waterproof tiles and bricks;
- Biomedical efforts: research on mapping the frequency of intestinal parasites at national level;
- INES BIC and ICCRD: promotion of entrepreneurship and regional development.
“You have made a good choice by choosing INES-Ruhengeri”. Said Rector “You are our children” he added
“”Young people look at the future while old people look at the past, as young people we hope you have good future and you have to work hard because life is what you make it” he added
“Quality of service does not depend on the service giver but the service receiver” He concluded